Kenya Telecentre Network (KenTel) is a national organization committed to increasing the social and economic impact of grassroot
telecentres. It seeks to create opportunities for telecentres to share and learn from each other in Kenya and across the world.
We are inspired and motivated by the Kenya Governments efforts to empower Kenyans with digital skills, however because we understand the limitations and gaps of these efforts, we are set out to help Kenya reach the last mile in information access.
Our dream is to have every Kenyan youth, men and women as well as people living with disabilities being able to find ways to appreciate the power of technology, are able to make use government services through Huduma Centres more effectively, are able to harness the power of the Internet and other ICT platforms to innovate and get digitally empowered.
We believe that access to ICTs will contribute to the country’s economic growth by reducing transaction costs, increasing business efficiency, improving educational standards and ensuring accountability on the part of government officials.
The Kenyan government also acknowledges that ICTs will increase the country’s productivity and raise the competitiveness of local businesses in a knowledge-based economy.
• To facilitate knowledge and information exchange through training, education and professional networking.
• To link grassroots organizations to ICTs and innovations towards the realization SDG.
• To promote ICT continuous research and knowledge generation for community development.
• To promote use of ICTs for community development through telecentres.
• To engage in ICT policies formulation and development through advocacy and lobbying.